The Ontario Council for Technology Education strongly believes there is a need to strengthen and enhance technology education programs in Grades K-8.
Goals of the OCTE Elementary Committee are as follows :
- promote the importance of understanding:
- the technological problem solving process;
- the need for safe hands on exploration of materials with a variety of tools to create viable solutions (i.e., contingent on student’s grade and skill level, and types of tasks);
- create links to the secondary Technological Education curriculum (especially in Grades 7 and
- link important life skills to future job opportunities;
- strengthen connections between science, technology, society and the environment;
- provide resources for integration with other subject areas.